Careers at CFRCE
“The institute will be neither a current university, struggling with diverse tasks and many students, nor a research institute, devoted solely to the solution of problems. It may be pictured as a wedge between the two- a small university, in which a limited amount of teaching and a liberal amount of research are both found.” - Abraham Flexner, 1940
"...if you pay a man a salary for doing research, he and you will want to have something to point to at the end of the year to show that the money has not been wasted. In promising work of the highest class, however, results do not come in this regular fashion, in fact years may pass without any tangible results being obtained, and the position of the paid worker would be very embarrassing and he would naturally take to work on a lower, or at any rate a different plane where he could be sure of getting year by year tangible results which would justify his salary. The position is this: You want this kind of research, but, if you pay a man to do it, it will drive him to research of a different kind. The only thing to do is to pay him for doing something else and give him enough leisure to do research for the love of it." - J. J. Thomson
Types of Positions
Applications are invited from exceptionally motivated and driven individuals for full-time/part-time positions. All positions are subject to availability at any given period of time.
- Teaching Assistantship: For a period of 1 or 2 years with possibility ot extension to an internship (Candidates with good conceptual grasp and problem-solving skills)
- Internship: For a period of 1 or 2 years with possibility of extension to a research fellowship
- Research Fellowship: For a period of 3 years with possibility of extension to a faculty position
- Faculty Position: For a period of 5 years with possibility of extension to a permanent position.(Candidates applying to this position are required to have 2 to 3 years of experience in research)
All types of positions carry adequate financial remuneration. Extension/Upgradation of positions are dependent on demonstrated progress, growth, and increasing sense of responsibility and purpose.
The unique feature of CFRCE positions is that Teaching Assistants, Interns, Research Fellows and Faculty Members receive remuneration mainly for their educational activities and are empowered and encouraged to pursue their research activities driven solely by their personal quest and calling undeterred by extrinsic pressures of having to follow current trends and fashions.
Join the Revolution in Learning
If you were to happen to visit CFRCE, you may have your first impressions right from the entrance to the Centre. There, at the beginning of the ground floor and front of the stairway to the basement and the first and second floors you may be surprised to be greeted by a quotation of Socrates: "An unexamined life is not worth living." And as you turn around you would be greeted by a whiteboard filled with writing and equations. And as you are wondering whether the people here are so crazy as to take classes on the stairway, you may encounter students scribbling furiously on one of those whiteboards. On closer look you find that the writing and equations don't resemble anything from the school or college textbooks or perhaps even the university level. They are straight out of a research monograph or research paper.
You find topics as diverse as Loop Quantum Gravity, String Theory, Foundations of Quantum Mechanics, Quantum Computation, Black Hole Physics, Cognitive Neuroscience, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Economics, Complexity Theory, Astrophysics, Astrobiology, Medical Science, Business Entrepreneurship all featured in those equations and writings. As you climb up the stairs and peep into the mentoring room you would find students ranging from the 3rd grade all through high school, undergraduate, graduate and professionals passionately engaged in these topics in a highly charged atmosphere of free scientific inquiry and learning. The whole scene might look to you as straight out of Robert Jungk's book, "Brighter Than a Thousand Suns," as a description of the Gottingen Mathematical School or Hermann Hesse's "The Glass Bead Game." That in short is the culture of learning and the revolution in learning that is in full swing at CFRCE.
At CFRCE, school and undergraduate students are often found engaged in research and inquiry in the frontiers of Theoretical & Mathematical Physics, Astronomy & Astrophysics, Mathematics & Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Cognitive Neuroscience, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Biological Sciences, Medical Science, Economics and Quantum Computation to name a few. To mentor students with such tremendous levels of learning is in itself a privilege and an educational experience of the highest level.
CFRCE Education is a revolution in learning and opens up a unique opportunity for undergraduates, postgraduates and professionals to actualize their deepest potential. It is perhaps the only research and educational platform in the world where school and undergraduate students constantly engage in frontier level scientific inquiry and research and innovation at the post graduate level and beyond, Engineering students engage in research studies in the pure sciences like Theoretical and Mathematical Physics, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Corporate professionals rediscover their childhood passion and rekindle and return to their calling. This is because CFRCE challenges the status quo and places emphasis more on the sense of purpose and skills than on formal academic degrees. It endeavours to tap and elicit outstanding human potential directly than by considerations of formal academic qualification.
CFRCE offers exciting and intellectually/culturally stimulating opportunities for exceptionally motivated Bachelors, Masters and Ph. D graduates (in progress or completed) to pursue their learning, scholarly studies, inquiry and research as a calling in contrast to a mere career or profession. Individuals selected for these positions may carry out their research or research studies on their own either independently, or by collaboration or by establishing connections with the standard research fraternity. However, it is important to note that CFRCE is fiercely independent and intrinsic quest-driven in fostering learning more in the spirit of 'L art Pour 'L art and does not affiliate itself with any formal academic university or research institute nor subscribes to any kind of grants/funding/endowments/donations/patronization that could possibly inhibit, distort or subvert the pure spirit of scholarly inquiry. Therefore, only those having a likewise intrinsic-drive are encouraged to apply for these positions.
Selected candidates are empowered to carry on their quest-driven scholarly studies, inquiries and research and simultaneously engage in nurturing bright young minds at diverse levels of education by activities of mentoring, designing experimental approaches/methods/models, curriculum development and research-oriented activities.
Who can Apply
Candidates with the following qualifications may apply for any of the above types of positions.
- B.Sc or Equivalent in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Electronics, Computer Science, Psychology with an interest in experimental methods
- B.E, B.Tech in any branch with strong motivation towards the pure sciences (Theoretical Physics, Astronomy & Astrophysics) and inclination towards teaching, research and scholarly pursuits.
- B.E, B.Tech in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science with good background and inclination towards Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Modern Technology, Innovation.
- M.Sc in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Electronics, Psychology with good background in basics and inclination towards teaching, research and scholarly pursuits.
- Ph. D (in progress or completed) in Physics, Mathematics, Astronomy & Astrophysics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates can email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and receive the application form.
- Candidates shortlisted for the relevant positions will be called for an interview.
- Selected candidates will be intimated by email.
- In all matters related to career positions the decision of the CFRCE Board will be final.